
Some times as a mom you go through out your days trying to stay on a routine, trying to catch up on your home, have a hot meal for your husband to have when he gets home from a long day, to take care of yourself. And at times you forget to take in the small moments of what it is to be a mom. Yesterday as Mary would wine each time I would get up from the floor beside her trying to fold clothes, pick up her room or try to sneak in the kitchen to load the dish washer I finally gave in and just sat next to her watching her play. She would bring me a book and sit on my lap wanting to turn the pages herself. She wasn't paying attention to the mess around us, my hair that was in desperation of needing a style, and face with no make up on. All she wanted was her mom holding her reading stories and playing together.

I need to remember to not complain when she is being a mama's girl and wont let me out of sight, that these moments wont last forever. The laundry can wait till later, she isn't embarrassed by my lack of hair and make up being done (yet). To take in every cuddle and and I just melt when those chubby little hands reach up for me to pick her up.
So blessed and grateful to call this sweet girl my daughter, I must have done some thing right in my life to deserve to be her mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment