I loath when it becomes meal time. Here I'm trying to watch myself so I don't eat too much yet trying to get anything down this little ones mouth with out spitting our tossing it out on the floor. Today's lunch consisted of ice chips for Mary. That is all she would flippin eat along with torn pieces of bread and a bit of cheese from her turkey sandwich. I'll give her props she tried the cucumber but tossed it to the side on the floor hoping Indie (my sister in laws dog) would grab it before I noticed.
I HATE FEEDING A TODDLER!
All she wants to eat now a days is crushed ice, fruit, cereal, and string cheese. Amazingly tonight I got her to eat some lasagna for dinner.
I'm sure it doesn't help that she sits on top of the table to eat and has the freedom to try and stand up, get down to pet and hug Indie... After much debate with Ryan whether to get an actual high chair or a booster seat I did some searching on Buy Buy Baby since I have some gift cards that can be used with a coupon as well. It had to be ordered but THIS will be MJ's new high chair (Ryan wins) But just wait a sec folks...with the discount and my gift cards I paid drum roll..... Nothing! boo to the yeah! So Ryan and I got best of both worlds, It's a high chair later to be used as her own chair when she doesn't need the tray anymore and it will be a good investment for future use of more kiddos.
So I'm hoping once it arrives it will miraculously make Mary a good eater again.
Welcome to the world of Toddlerhood! She'll fit right in with my picky eaters. Nice job on the high chair. You'll be scrubbing that thing after every meal. :)
ReplyDelete