Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Yesterday was one of those days where I wanted to post a star on the fridge, give myself a pat on the back, or enjoy a 7-11 slurpee. For the first time in quite awhile I felt like I had accomplished so much within a day. I don't know why but this years winter has been really hard me, maybe the fact of living closer to the mountains=more snow and definitely lots of cold. Maybe it's that we live in a basement apartment or as I call it 'the cave' and hardly see the sun light. Or that I hate my wardrobe but can't afford a new one and wont buy new clothes until I shed some weight. With all of the negative around me I had continued to forget about the positive around me. As much as I some times HATE being a one car family and having to get up early to take Ryan to work if I need it that day and having a curfew of 3:00 to pick him up, and take him to and from school I'm grateful we even have a car. Even more grateful that when I purchased that car on my 23rd birthday I paid cash for it. Yay for no car payments! Being a one car family means I GET to take Ryan to work and see him that much longer, I GET to take him to school and pick him up occasionally. The ugly cold snow means more water which our state is always in need of.

Yesterday was a great day. I had time to myself and read some of Stephanie Nielson's book Heaven is Here. WOW, how incredible humbling to read her story.
I played with my sweet MJ, I did laundry AND put it away (for some reason I can do all the laundry in the world but have the hardest time of actually putting them away) I was out of the house before noon to walk around the block with Mary. We explored and found pine cones, threw rocks which she found to be the most hilarious thing ever. We ate lunch and then it was time for her to nap and me to continue my cleaning. One day we will live some place where her bedroom isn't right next to the kitchen.
I held a Mary Kay class, and helped a friend do a make over for her Young Women's group. They taught about taking care of your outer beauty as well as the importance of your inner beauty, your spiritual beauty. Such a great lesson.

It may not sound much to you, even as I'm typing this and reading as I go I know it really isn't much. But to me it felt great. I was proud of myself. I felt accomplished.

In a short amount of time of going to a Mary Kay conference and to learn to try to give up my fears, having chats with my husband late at night, family prayer, reading Stephanie's book, and this glorious warmer weather actually seeing and feeling the sun again I feel like I am gaining myself back. Baby steps.

There is negativity all around us in this world and I have held on to it far too long. I am now going to try to always look at the bright side of things in any situation. I may not love our little cave, or my post baby body, my old wardrobe/shoes, the numbers in my bank account. BUT at least I have a warm home to live in with every thing I need, I have a beautiful working body that allows me to do anything I set my mind to. I have many clothes and shoes to choose from and we have money in the bank to pay bills, feed our family and are not in debt. I have so much to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment