Thursday, December 26, 2013

And then there were FOUR

I originally wasn't going to announce to everyone that I'm expecting till after the new year when we found out the gender but Ryan was too excited and hated keeping it quiet. After all we had just told close friends a couple of days earlier. So late Christmas evening I quickly came up with this and posted it on Facebook. 
I had gone from wanting to tell everyone in the beginning to no one else but family who already knew and once again to everyone we knew with in a short time. We had a scare and thought for sure I had lost the baby. For 2 1/2 days till we could get an appointment for an ultrasound I cried thinking for sure the once again I would have to start all over. Although I'm grateful it didn't take me years like it does for so many, it was hard to see that I wasn't getting pregnant so easily like I did with Mary Jean. 
Between many prayers, Mary hugging and kissing me not knowing why I have tears streaming down my face but knowing that her mommy was upset and a sweet husband who held me and gave me a blessing. I felt so blessed to have this amazing family. 
I know our Father in Heaven has a plan for each of us and things don't happen on our own time. I was so very grateful to hear that little heart beat and be reassured by the technician that indeed we have a healthy baby. On a side note they did find a cyst on my ovary which is not worrisome to them and we'll have another look around my 20 week appointment. 


I'm doing well, I'm grateful once again that I've had no morning sickness but oh the smells of certain things on some days make me run for the hills. This time around is completely different then Mary (perhaps this one is a boy?!) In the beginning all I wanted was meet, potatoes, burgers, fries, mac'n'cheese. Where as with MJ all I wanted was salads, fruit and smoothies. But on the flip side I was always eating while pregnant with MJ and this time around my appetite is like a small child that I've actually lost a few pounds. So every pregnancy really is so different!

We'll see if this little one makes it's awesome due date of 7-11 (free slurpees every birthday!) or if they'll be stubborn and arrive fashionably late ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment