Being induced has it's perks, we were able to get everything ready and drop MJ off the night before at my parents house since we were planning on being at the hospital at 7:30 in the morning unless told other wise. Also how fun to have a birthday on 7-11! Free slurpee day!
We woke up early to call labor and delivery at 6 am to see if we were still good to come in at 7:30 but apparently quite a few women came in and were having babies. I was hoping I'd be one of those ladies! So we didn't go in until after 9 am.
| Last picture being pregnant! |
When we first arrived I had to be put on penicillin first for a few hours due to having group B strep. Everything was moving sooo slowly I totally thought I'd be having a baby by afternoon time. I was getting sore laying in the bed since Oliver apparently preferred me on my left side other wise his heart rate would go down. They put me on pitocin at noon and by 2:00 I had an epidural as well as had my water broken. I didn't feel a thing when he broke it! (I had heard some women say it's painful) With the epidural I certainly felt it this time around! With MJ I was in so much pain from contractions I didn't feel it at all. So I was definitely grateful to have Ryan in front of me holding my hands. It was the numbing part that hurt, the epidural going in just felt really weird. If I could have prolonged getting it I would have but he was going in to a c-section and would rather get it now and be safesthen later and possibly not get one. I waited with Mary and basically had the epidural just to push. So it was really nice this time around to not be in any pain at all!
They upped my pitocin a couple of times since there wasn't a whole lot going on and then my contractions started slowing down as well as Olivers heart rate so they put me on oxygen which helped him out. I remember being put on oxygen with Mary as well so I wasn't worried. At 5:30 my nurse (who was amazing btw! We absolutely loved her) checked me and my epidural was done perfectly because she asked if I felt any contractions and I wasn't feeling a thing. I was dilated to a 9 1/2! Oliver was face up though so she had me turn completely on my left side and put my right leg in a stirrup to see if he would turn himself over. That's when I felt the pressure and knew this little guy was on his way. I really liked how this delivery went compared to with Mary. The only people in the room were Ryan, my nurse and doctor and another nurse waiting by the infant bed. With Mary there were no complications but the room had quite a few nurses in there so it just seemed really crowded. The nurse asked while grabbing their mirror if I wanted to watch. I hadn't even thought of that and decided sure why not! I thought it was such a neat thing to see my son being born! I pushed for 5 minutes and he was here! 4 days past his due date weighting at 7 pounds 11 ounces ON 7-11 mind you and 19 1/2 inches. Big boy!
We had some time alone to have skin to skin and nurse him. He had the cutest little cry and settled down as soon as they place him on my chest. So blessed to be a mom to this cute boy. That day also happened to be the same day my whole family was going to Huntsville for a week so they all waited patiently for this little guy to arrive so they could see him first. MJ was just smitten with him right away, she kept saying what a cute baby he is and wanted to hug him. Totally made me tear up, these two are going to be such good little friends.
| First family of four photo! |
No comments:
Post a Comment