Friday, September 23, 2016

Eliza's birth story

At my 39 week appointment I was measuring 2 weeks ahead! Thinking I was going to have a 9 pound baby girl I asked my Doctor if we could induce earlier rather than waiting until I'm 41 weeks. Thankfully I have healthy babies and easy deliveries so she said we would make my induction date Thursday the 21st of July, 2 days past my due date. Hallelujah! MJ came on her own 5 days past her due date, my water broke at our friends apartment building parking lot. Oliver was induced 4 days past his due date because I was in such pain. He felt so low I could hardly walk and he wasn't moving as much although tests showed he was healthy and all was well.

I had been having braxton hicks off and on but nothing major, just getting more uncomfortable. Tuesday evening they were a bit more intense but again nothing major just the process of little miss getting ready to make her arrival. Sweet Mary would see me holding my belly during a contraction and ask if I was ok, giving me a hug. She is such sweetheart, helping me around the house, sweeping the floor so I wouldn't have to.

Wednesday morning came, I didn't sleep well with contractions going on through out the night. I finally woke up shortly after 5 in pain from the contractions. I left Ryan sleeping in bed to go to the bathroom and time my contractions thanks to my app on my phone. This was a new experience for me. Like I posted above, I went to the hospital with MJ because my water broke and with Oliver I was induced so I only felt the pressure of contractions with him. They were fairly strong and they were coming every 2 1/2 minutes on the dot. After 10 minutes my app said they were consistent and it was time to go to the hospital. I wasn't quit so sure so I time them longer. After another 10 minutes and feeling knowing they would only get stronger, that they were not easing up I called my parents knowing they would be leaving soon to go 4 wheeling and I'd rather be safe than sorry getting ahold of them. Then I went out into our bedroom to wake up a sleepy husband saying ''Is it time?" when I woke up him with tears of pain and excitement in my eyes.

While we waited for my parents to arrive to watch the kids, I showered and double checked my hospital bag.

I felt like we were in a movie at this time. While driving shortly after 8:00 to the the hospital my contractions were every 2 minutes and strong! (I had forgotten what they felt like since I only felt them with Mary) We hit morning traffic... I'm practicing my breathing with tears streaming down my face wishing we could just get there so I could get an epidural already. We were finally getting closer, then Ryan realized he took a wrong turn. I about died! We needed our own show at this moment. We finally get there, he pulls up to the front grabbing a wheel chair while I tell him he needs to grab my envelope I dropped that has my information for the nurses and doctor. While he frantically looking around he cuts his finger open on something and is cursing, bleeding all over himself. By this time I just have to laugh at the whole situation. THEN my water breaks while I'm sitting down on the wheel chair. Great! Ryan gives the keys to the valet and rushes me inside where apparently it seems like everyone in the city is at the hospital that day! I keep my head down while bawling and breathing through the pain as Ryan pushes me and is leading a trail of his blood behind us...

We get upstair and take a wrong turn... I am feeling like I'm going to die at this point. They take me in a room to check me. I'm only at a 4?! well at least I'm not too far to get an epidural, that is my main focus then. After a million hours it seems I get in a room and change in to my gown. In walks a resident saying he'll be giving me my epidural. My best friend! Or so I thought. After 45 minutes to an hour...yes that long. 2 residents later and finally their professor who they had to call from a different building to help out FINALLY got in my epidural. Worst experience ever. I wanted to punch them. Ryan said they must have poked me over a dozen times trying to get it in and that the nurse just felt awful you could tell. She kept telling me how great I was doing staying still and breathing through my contractions and the pain of needling poking me. Of course I was going to stay as still as can be, I didn't want them to mess it up more than they had on their own!

FINALLY it was in, I was comfortable and could wipe my face clean of tears and snot running down my nose. Hot mess I tell you. Babe's heart rate was going down so they put on oxygen which was no surprise to me since I had to be on it with the other two. I remembered when at a different hospital with Oliver, they had me lay on my left side to help him which it did. So I asked the nurse to help me change sides. Sure enough between the oxygen and me laying on my left side she was doing better. They checked me and they said she had pooped so there was meconium that she could have swallowed so they wanted peeds to be in the room when I delivered in case they needed to take her away. I began feeling more and more pressure and knew it was time to start pushing soon. So they checked again and sure enough they said her head was half way out! They quickly called for peeds. It was a room of all women and then Ryan haha. Women power! jk. I seriously did a half a push and she came right out! And with a head full of curly blonde hair! Other than being covered in green meconium and blood she was healthy and beautiful.

I could not get over her hair (I still can't after 3 weeks!)

My parents brought over the kids afterwards to meet their un named sister. They both just loved her from the moment they saw her. MJ especially who had prayed for a baby sister, even writing a letter to Jesus for one haha. She had been saying since the beginning to name her Rose. That or eyeball as she would just laugh hysterically giving me her ideas of names. Eliza is my great grandmothers name. So we decided on Eliza Rose and it fits her perfectly.

So grateful for my 3 children and amazing husband. Blessed to have wonderful parents who would drop anything to be there for their kids and grandchildren. And most importantly for a loving Heavenly Father who is loving, giving and blessed me so greatly.

 Hot mess, labor is horrible. Thankfully we forget how horrible it is until the next time around haha


 Can you believe that hair?!


 proud daddy!

She finally got a sister that she has been asking for the past year

No comments:

Post a Comment