Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Gender reveal for baby #3!

March 4th: 20 week photo and appointment to see our baby!
                                               So tempting to open the envelope to see if it's a boy or girl!
 March 5th, gender reveal get together with our family! The bakery did such a great job on these cupcakes adding darling little yellow booties on top.
 MJ sooo excited to take the first bite to reveal to everyone if we're having another boy or another girl
                                                           She was right! It's a girl!!
I'm so excited to say we are having another girl!! In the back of my head I thought it was a girl because of similarities between this and MJ's pregnancy. I'm carrying bigger/wider like I did with her, at 20 weeks with Ollie I was barely showing comparing the two photos on my insta. My appetite is shall we say...above normal like it was with MJ. With Oliver I had the appetite of a toddler. My skin is horrible, dealing with teenage acne and craving those dang subway sandwiches haha.
BUT Ryan had me convinced we were having a boy and we both thought we caught a glance of boy on the ultrasound but obviously it must have been a leg haha. Because she is all girl in the photo the ultrasound tech printed for us.

I thought it would be fun to find out together as a family since MJ is at an age where this would be fun and memorable for her. Then it turned into inviting our parents then I said what the heck if our siblings and friends want to come great! if not no biggie. And it was perfect, so fun for family to see our new home and all find out together. We obviously told the ultrasound tech we didn't want to know the sex of the baby there but to have her write in down in an envelope I brought for home so we could find out the next day. She brought out a darling card and told us to look away while she printed a picture of the baby saying if boy or girl. Between the care folded up and the thick envelope there was no chance of peeking through, we took it to the bakery right after and told them to make cupcakes with blue or pink in the middle depending on what they see inside the card. We for sure thought it was a boy. I was so thrilled to hear the baby is healthy but a tad of disappointment for MJ to not get her little sister she has been praying for and asking us for a year. I've been telling her that all we hope for is a healthy happy baby that if it's a boy that we are blessed and maybe the next baby will be a girl.
I grew up with sisters and want MJ to have a sister as close in age as we can. After all she'll be 5 this fall.

Saturday I got everything ready for family and friends to join us that afternoon, Ryan picked up the cupcakes (so darling! little yellow bootie on the top of each cupcake) We all gathered around in the kitchen to have MJ take the first bite to reveal. I was shocked needless to say when I saw the pink! I opened the card just to make sure (I told the bakery to put the card in the box with the cupcakes so I could keep it) Sure enough it's a girl! MJ was bouncing around smiling ear to ear saying ''I knew it! I told you!" I of course teared up so thrilled for her and our family.

Baby girl, you are loved, you are wanted and we can not wait to meet you in 4 more months! Try to break the trend and not come late though eh? ;)


 Sorry dude, maybe next time around you'll get a little brother haha!
 beyond excited to have another girl in our family. Time to dig our MJ's baby clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment