Thursday, September 22, 2016

June 14th flood

The joys of being home owners.... Ryan was at work and I spent the day at my parents when I got a text from a friend asking how our house was. I asked her what was going on and she said there was flooding in Midvale she read. When I got home everything looked fine and left to go do laundry at the in laws. Well sure enough around 11:00 Ryan went out to the garage for something and tells me there is water all over the ground. We check the basement and water is all over! Cue the pregnancy hormones and I start crying. So not what we need right now. Our drain was plugged from mud and leaves so water piled up and went through the door. And because we live in Utah, insurance doesn't pay for flooding unless it's from inside the home like a pipe. 





Moving all the toys to the far corner so nothing gets ruined
 Ryan tore up what carpet he could while I mopped up the water so it wouldn't continue to seep up the drywall.


No comments:

Post a Comment